Pages

Friday, May 28, 2004

Hey all you later born Baby Boomers! An LBer Blog... sigh. I remember when an lb was something else. But time passes and I'm now finishing up on the first stopover of what I'm calling my "47" tour. Rather than have a midlife crisis I decided to take a solo road trip to celebrate my 47th birthday. Still cliche and somewhat predictable, but hey, I'm firmly in the middle of mid-life and I'm not ashamed of it. In fact I think it is rather cool. Beats the alternative as they say.

Anyway... I'll be blogging from coffee houses across the country that offer free wireless access. I'm in the Red Mountain Cafe in Las Cruces, New Mexico. 1120 Commerce Dr - (505) 522-7584. The site isn't up right now, but they assure me that it is usually up. I found 'em listed at Wi Fi Free Net It is amazing that even in the middle of the rural southwest I can find Wi Fi access. So if you are driving I10 or NM 25 area pop off the road and visit these good folks. I spent the night at the home of friends Kim and Ernie (also 47) and looked at fading photo albums from 20 - 25 years ago... when I was rail thin. Sigh. Good friends through the years... a very wonderful comfort and a blessing.

I need to get on the road... but I wanted to get the first blog of this journey up so I can let people know it exists. there will be more and more lengthy and probably off the wall posts when I'm not crashing with friends along the way and have the evenings to write.

I'm headed to Santa Fe now.


No comments: